What Makes a Hero? (Literary Heroes Unit)

We're beginning our Literary Heroes unit (finally!) tomorrow!! I'm so excited to introduce it to the kids, and I know they're going to love this unit. I've been searching all over for ideas on how to introduce the unit, but I haven't had much luck finding anything. I did find this awesome video by Matthew Winkler on YouTube about What Makes A Hero:



I can't decide if it is a little complicated for my fourths, but I keep thinking I'll show it at some point. I don't think I'll use it as an introduction, though. Has anyone else found a great multimedia resource for literary heroes?

Jillian

1 comment:

  1. That is a cool video. I just started our hero unit with my fourth graders this past week. I'm a new follower.
    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete