Adorable Candy Bouquet

This week, one of my students had a birthday. Common occurrence, right? Well, his grandparents decided they wanted to send a surprise to him at school, but didn't figure he'd want flowers like they sent his sister. They called the flower shop to see what they could come up with, and this is what arrived in our classroom:





 How precious is that???? :) Obviously, I made him take the Dr.Pepper home to drink, and made him choose just two pieces of candy to eat during school. 
I took a really close look, and I KNOW that I can make this the next time I need an awesome award for something!

All you need: 

A can of Coke, bottle of water, bottle of Gatorade, can of Pringles... the choices are endless!
A colorful straw
LOTS of curly ribbons in different colors/sizes/patterns (or you could keep it simple)
Bite-sized candy bars
Hot glue

Take the ribbon and hot glue it to the top of the can. Curl, fluff, and decorate to your heart's content. Then, use small bits of hot glue to nestle the candy in. Be sure not to use too much, or you might melt the candy! Don't forget to slide the straw in as a finishing touch!

The theme possibilities are endless. Color themes, candy themes, movie night themes, seasonal themes, coffee themes...

And of course, the giving opportunities! Birthdays, Valentines, Christmas, Teacher Appreciation, School Parties, Children's Party Favors, Secretary Day, Get Well Soon, Just Because...
I now want to make one for everyone I know!






0 comments:

Post a Comment